There are a few ways to buy a timeshare. The most common way most timeshares have been sold is at a sales presentation at the timeshare resort while you are on vacation. You remember the scene: the tour, the 90 minute presentation, the offer of a huge discount if you buy today, or the sales person asking the manager to come over to lean on you to make his sale.
If you were lucky, did your homework, and knew what you were getting into you may have had a good buying experience. If you have yet to do it this way, it would be wise to follow this advice. A few simple pointers for helping you buy a timeshare if you buy it at the resort.
1. Compare the costs of buying and maintaining a timeshare with renting a similar property. Perhaps rent a unit from a current owner first to make sure you like the complex.
2. Evaluate the location and quality of the resort by visiting the facility and talking to current owners about their experience. Check for complaints about the seller, developer and management company with the State Attorney General’s Office, local consumer protection agencies and the Better Business Bureau.
3. Make sure all promises made by the sales agent are contained in the contract. If it is not in writing, it was not said.
4. Don’t act on impulse or be swayed by high-pressure sales tactics. If possible, ask a lawyer or real estate professional to review the contract before signing.
5. Get the name and contact information of a company representative who can answer your questions before, during and after the sales presentation, and after your purchase.
6. Ask about your ability to cancel the contract (sometimes called “right of rescission”). Many states guarantee your right of rescission, but cancellation periods vary. If the law doesn’t require a right-of-rescission or cooling-off period where you’re buying, ask that one be included in your contract.
7. Use an escrow account if you’re buying into a property that’s not yet completed to protect you if the developer defaults.
8. Be wary of timeshares in foreign countries, since you won’t be protected by U.S. laws.
NOW having said all of that, I would never recommend buying a timeshare that way! I recommend buying a timeshare on the resale market – or a “used” timeshare. Essentially all timeshares are used by other people on other weeks. Why buy a timeshare this way? Saving Money.
You will save a huge amount of money when buying a timeshare resale. Anywhere from a 25% discount to 50% or more. That is a huge amount of money!
Next question: What is the most reliable way to buy a timeshare from the current owner? I say, ” a Timeshare Resales Specialist”. A timeshare specialist will have all the experience and contacts they need to get the job done right the first time.
THAT is the way to do it!
Timeshare-Resale-Broker.com is the leader in the Vacation Resale Brokerage Business and innovators of timeshare resale services for individual consumers and software for resale agents. Since 1979 (over 38 years) we have had original management. All of our Timeshare Agents are Resale Specialists and members of NAR, the National Association of REALTORS®.
We pioneered the first timeshare resale broker website on the Internet in 1995. We advertise on many more.
People wanting to sell and get rid of a timeshare benefit from the professionalism of a licensed timeshare resale broker who stay on top of the ever changing technology as well as industry direction. We work with all buyers for the vacation properties registered in our database. We have a team of REALTORS® and personnel who are forever assisting the buyers, sellers and insure that the time share sale transaction is as smooth and easy as possible. Call today to get rid of the timeshare albatross! Call us at 1-800-247-4392
Experience: We have sold and closed timeshares in over 29 countries, in 47 states in the USA, have closed deals with sellers and buyers from over 89 countries. We have helped thousands of owners get out of an their unwanted unit. We have a program that gets you out of your property without waiting for a buyer too. This stops the fee payment burden right away.
We offer all our expertise to you!
Our offices are at 14500 Hwy 105, Conroe, Texas 77304.