Here on the Gulf Coast in Texas the forecast is for sunshine and 68 degrees! After a month of rain that’s a welcome sight.
Not so lucky in the northeast. On Weather.com a headline reads “Epic Snowfall Totals Expected in Northeast.”
What to do? I say stow away the snow shovel, grab your swim trunks and head for the beach. But not just any beach: someplace warm, tropical, and relaxing. If you need some ideas consider these top ten picks for luxury timeshare resorts on the best beaches on this side of the globe:
10. Marriott’s Aruba Ocean Club – Separated from the magnificent Caribbean Sea by a lovely white, sandy beach, this Five Star property offers the ultimate in luxury vacations.Accommodations range from one to two bedroom villas that are elegantly appointed with full kitchen, kitchenette, formal living and dining areas, whirlpool spa in master bath, private balcony with ocean view, laundry facilities and more.
9. The Royal Mayan Cancun, Mexico. Guests will love this fabulous Five Star resort just a few minutes from a Mayan archaeological site and a championship golf course.
8. Marriott’s Kauai Beach Club – On the southern coast of Kauai, 51 tropical acres provide the garden setting for Marriott’s Kauai Beach Club. The one and two bedroom vacation ownership villas and luxury hotel offer two restaurants, world-class swimming pool complex, two championship golf courses, tennis and a myriad of beach activities on the quarter mile of Kalapaki Beach.
7. Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta – Situated on the beach, 15 miles north of Puerto Vallarta, Mayan Palace Nuevo Vallarta is a retreat for recreational water activities. When the sun goes down, explore the exciting nightlife, designer shops, and the international restaurants of Puerto Vallarta.
6. Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Resort Villas – Accommodations feature lanai with ocean view, stone flooring and distinctive Hawaiian themed decor. Activities and amenities include two spas, waterslide, steam room, swimming pool, gameroom, poolside bar, sauna, fitness center, tennis,washer and dryer in both portions of the lockout units and more.
5. Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club – My top choice for Maui, located on one of the world’s most famous beaches is Marriott’s Maui Ocean Club. Amenities include golf, tennis, watersports, lavish swimming pools, waterfalls, live entertainment, health club, shopping, restaurants, children’s activity center and much more. Suite amenities include private balconies, separate living and dining areas, and kitchenette. Don’t miss historic Lahaina only minutes away.
4. Pueblo Bonito Rose Resort – This awesome resort is located in the mystical, desert landscape of the southern Baja California peninsula. Situated at Land’s End, Pueblo Bonito Rose is surrounded by beautiful coastline, magnificent sea life, and the majestic nature of Los Cabos.
3. Charter Club of Marco Beach – One of the best of Florida’s Ten Thousand Islands, Marco Island will delight water lovers, sightseers, and sun worshipers. A beachfront location allows guests to be right in the midsts of one of the world’s best shelling areas.
2. Vidafel Mayan Palace-Acapulco – This fabulous tropical paradise is in the new Acapulco Diamente Zone and offers beautiful lakes and gardens thoughout the property. Amenities include golf, tennis, restaurants, beach, live entertainment, playground, and the largest swimming pool in the world.
1. Harborside Resort at Atlantis – My number 1 choice. Surrounded by the beautiful Caribbean and pure-white beaches, Harborside Resort at Atlantis is ideally situated in the perfect spot for relaxing and adventure. These luxurious villas feature full kitchens, formal living and dining areas, whirlpool bath and private terraces.
So that’s my top ten. Let me know if you would nominate others for this list!