For several years now Forbes has ranked ski resorts in the US. This year, they have included Canada so that this year’s list is for all of North America!
The ski resorts were ranked by continuous, lift-serviced vertical, skiable acreage, efficiency of lifts, town and ambiance and, perhaps most importantly, snow and terrain.
1. Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, Wyoming – First things first: How the heck do you get there? There are now four airlines providing direct flights from major cities to Jackson Hole! Those airlines are United, Delta, Frontier, and American Airlines. The Jackson Hole Airport is located at the base of the spectacular Teton mountain range. Located entirely within Grand Teton National Park, flying into the Jackson Hole Airport is an awe inspiring start to your trip to Jackson Hole.
2. Alta, Utah – Just to the east of Snowbird you’ll find Alta. Deep powder, a variety of terrain, and spectacular scenery make Alta world-renowned. Its best kept secret is the great beginner and intermediate terrain.
3. Whistler-Blackcomb, British Columbia – Timeshare resorts in Whistler include Club Intrawest at Blackcomb, Whiski Jack at Cascade Lodge, Shell Vacation Club Mountainside Lodge, Whiski Jack at Northstar, and Whistler Vacation Club at Lake Placid.
4. Snowbird Ski and Summer Resort, Utah – Plus with timeshare resorts like Iron Blosam Lodge Snowbird you will plenty of places to choose from. Iron Blosam was one of the first timeshare properties in the world and was the first timeshare development in a ski area in North America. The Iron Blosam has been extensively remodeled and upgraded with the most recent room renovation being completed in 2004. Nearby you also have Cliff Club Snowbird! The Cliff Club within Snowbird Ski & Summer Resort includes the finest facilities the skiing world has to offer combined with an unparalleled accessibility to a major metropolitan city and international airport. Snowbird has also fostered a reputation for its environmental stewardship, for which it also has been awarded numerous prestigious awards.
5. Alyeska, Alaska
6. Revelstoke, British Columbia
7. Vail, Colorado – Coming soon to Vail is the 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships. With world class ski racing comes an entertainment lineup to match this coming February in the Vail Valley as the first confirmed artists in a two-week free lineup during the 2015 FIS Alpine World Ski Championships in Vail and Beaver Creek were announced today.
Scheduled from February 2-15 of 2015, the FIS Alpine World Ski Championships in Vail and Beaver Creek are expected to showcase athletes from more than 70 nations, with an estimated 750 million-plus worldwide television viewers. Where would you like to stay while in Vail? Streamside at Vail-Cedar, Streamside at Vail-Cedar, Marriott’s Streamside at Vail Evergreen, Streamside at Vail-Douglas, Vail Run Resort. All timeshares with outstanding discount deals!
8. Telluride, Colorado
9. Grand Targhee, Wyoming
10. Mammoth Mountain, California